Monday, June 29, 2009

Monkey in the Window


The Arts Council of Snohomish County has put together a great program called "Art in Great Spaces" by collaborating with some building owners in Everett. It's really quite brilliant. I have a north and an east exposure so the light will be good. I am referring to this stint as "monkey in the window".


They will be putting artists into a few of the open storefronts on Colby and Hewitt Avenues for the next twelve weeks in six week shifts. By Wednesday I will be at 2702 Colby from Noon-6:00, Tuesday through Saturday. If you get a minute come on in to visit or play with art. Just bring something to work on. It should be fun.


I have been chosen as one of the six for the first shift which is July 1st-August 15th. I don't know what I will do for those six weeeks but am sure I will find a groove of some sort. My only hope is that in the six weeks I haven't moved my whole studio into the space only to have to move it back home all at once.


So, I will leave you with a couple notes. Enjoy this photo. I just love it. The ears are deer in the lake going for a swim.

Second, I know I am referring to myself as a monkey in the window but I hope none of you will come and expect me to be doing private things in public places.

8 comments:

Gwen said...

How incredibly cool, Binky! I will definitely stop by!

JonesMoore Studio Art, Lisa JonesMoore said...

That's so cool Binky--I was thinking about doing that, didn't know how I'd pull it off with a kid at home, etc., though! You are very brave...I'll try to make it up there.

Anonymous said...

i'll have to come look at you in the window and try hard NOT to make faces! hey, that will be difficult, tho! (o; xoxoxoxo

HeartFire said...

Hi Binky!
We miss you at 3rd Place... I'll try coming by to see you in the window after my Edmonds Artsplash show is over....

MB Shaw said...

This is the coolest picture. I have never seen deer taking a swim before and had no idea they liked water!

and thxs for the spitting tip :-)

Anonymous said...

We'll have to make a trip up to see you working in the window! So cool!

~Kristen

Anonymous said...

How was the window stint?
I LOVE a good window with fab art. We need more of that. A LOT more!

Unknown said...

buat kalian yang suka main game taruhan online bisa langsung Daftar S128 diri kalian langsung gratis disini