Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Encaustic Peace


I've missed you all lately but have not missed reading your blogs. What wondeful things are being posted.

This is a recent 2' X 2' encaustic painting of mine. I like the gritty, worn, earthiness of it. I also like the message. I hope we are now moving toward that Peace in our world.

I seem to be fascinated by grafitti lately and would love an in depth class in it. Because of my experience with lettering I can see that there is more to it than meets the eye. It fascinates me.

You can see this painting, and others, at the Edmonds Conference Center until mid march. The picure really doesn't do it justice.

9 comments:

Courtney Putnam said...

I love this piece, Binky. I love the gritty, graffiti quality...as well as the message.

It's such an powerful juxtaposition!

Courtney

JonesMoore Studio Art, Lisa JonesMoore said...

Wonderful piece! I am SO inspired to do some "Obama-inspired" art. Hope you are doing well, it's a great day in history...

Randi Harper said...

Thanks for commemorating so beautifully this amazing time in our world!!

Randi

Anonymous said...

I love this piece. And yes, peace!

HeartFire said...

A wonderful piece, hoping to see it at the show soon! Very fitting for today. Also love the crow.

Gwen said...

hi binky,
i love this piece and look forward to seeing the exhibit!

Seth said...

Loving this Binky. Fantastic layers with the text. And the title of your post is perfect. I just started a graffiti collaboration with 2 other artists and your peace piece in inspiring!

Anonymous said...

really enjoyed seeing the show at ECC. and this particular piece is my fav of yours.
it is gritty and real. and pretty. weird combo but it WORKS. love it!

museo is having a show over on whidbey all about graffiti and street art. you should come out here for that!!!

Anonymous said...

plus, love the sentiment...........peace. that would be nice to have!